Friday, July 8, 2011

Gizmos & Gadgets

I imagine everyone has at least one thing that excites them above all others. I believe the generic stereotypical response for men would be something along the lines of Football or ESPN, but I have chosen the less traveled road. I am very interested in the most recent computers and tech tools that accompany them. Unlike the many that have journeyed down this road, I've done so with relatively no drawbacks. Never have I been a part of any form of nerd hazing as I've tended to also participate a good bit in sports and school activities. In fact, I've done such a good job at allowing only a few to know of my nerdy little secret that I might actually be more of a spy for the nerds than a dual major of both studies, the Bits and the Brawns. Any major gift I've been given by family and friends, such as various birthday presents, cars, and money has always placed second to whenever I purchase or am given a technological device that I'm interested in. I was given a car as a graduation gift and simply said a heartfelt "Thanks" while I clawed my way through the first gaming computer I was given for my birthday, a mere fraction of the price of the vehicle. I'm not sure what exactly it is about these hunks of metal and plastic that get my heart program running at such a high cpu performance, but I enjoy it nonetheless. What is it that, despite price tags, shapes, or sizes, makes you grin with excitement and anticipation?


JR

No comments:

Post a Comment