Monday, July 18, 2011

Little Things

It's the little things in life that make me get excited.  Corny but true!  Not a single dime can buy the things I love so if I ever find myself without any money, I can still enjoy them and be happy.  I love a beautiful sunrise.  I love the laughter of a child.  I love a gift that comes from your heart that is full of someone's love and most importantly-- their time.  I love an incredible sunset.  I love a full moon on a black sky.  I love the milky way that can be seen by the dock of our lake house.  I love the sound of the ocean as it crashes into the shore.  I love the cool breeze on my face.  I love the look on my children's face when they are proud of their accomplishments.  I love hearing my son sing because it means he is happy and content with life.  I love hearing Kaitie's voice when she is full of laughter and eager to share a story with me.  I love when your father is a little tipsy and lets his walls down and doesn't care if he is perceived as silly.  I love being with my crazy siblings.  I love the patience of reading a good book and truly not wanting it to end because I will miss the new friends I found within its pages. I love the memories of my children growing up.  I love a snowfall especially when it is unexpected.  I love reading something you wrote.  I love watching Kaitie swim.  I love the smell of a fragrant flower.  I love a beautiful Japanese maple whose branches spread out like a welcome hug.  I love the warmth of the sun on a crisp Spring day.  I love a song that unfolds a memory.  I love you.  I love your sister. And... I love your father.


I love the little things in life that no one can buy, but everyone can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment