Wednesday, May 18, 2011

eyeBLOGeweBLOG: the beginning

Since Jake is home for the summer, I decided I need to encourage him to write so he and I are going to BLOG together.  I am not really sure what path this blog is going to take, but we are going to head down the path together.  You see Jake has an incredible ability to write and he truly has A LOT of opinions and maybe if I can get him to comment on at least half of them, we can create something worth sharing with others. 


When Jake was younger, bless his heart -- he was a last minute child.  He would always save that paper he needed to write until the night before it was due.  Fortunately for him, that process always yielded two great things.  The first being the paper itself filled with Jake's swirling thoughts that he managed to capture while under pressure to arrive safely at the deadline and the second was he would always leave the "paper" up on the family computer so I was able to read it.  Okay sure, there might be a grammatical error or two because he was in desperate need of a  proof-reader.... but the papers were good! And I enjoyed reading them!  


Then Jake left for college where papers are a project that are written away from the family computer and only shared with Mom when the timing of sending it to the professor was in sync with the in-bound phone call from her.  Then Mom would beg for the opportunity to read something....anything.... that he wrote.  You know mothers are a rather resourceful group of individuals so this is my solution.     

No comments:

Post a Comment