Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Pen Is Mightier

You gotta spend some time, love. You gotta spend some time with me, and I'll know that you'll find love. I will possess your heart.


 Music is my armor.        Music is my sword.          Music is my shield. 


If I were to ever admit an addiction to anything, I think music might be my drug of choice. It's something that I can't live without. I like words, and I also carry somewhat of a torch for sounds. So...of course, putting the two together would yield astronomical results of my patronage. 


Music is, in my opinion, the greatest expression of human emotion. Yin and Yang represent the dualism of all things in life, and I believe music to be the only art form capable of capturing both the raw, intangible feelings of sound while restraining the disorder of sound with the expressive, logical power of words.


Every menial task in life is just better with music added to the fray. It's like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae. Without it, life lacks the necessary flare to get the mouth watering. I like to listen to music while I shower, walk to class, drive in the car, and even when I sleep. The only thing greater than finding power and identification in oneself is finding it in the words of another, knowing that you aren't alone in your struggle.


If you never stop when you wave goodbye, you just might find...if you give it time you will wave hello again. 


See you tomorrow,
JR

No comments:

Post a Comment