Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Power of Words

The banter in Castle is what makes that show!  Though the actors are an integral part of the show, the writers are the most critical component.  I love intelligent dialog.  Don't get me wrong, I can digress and fall into somewhat of a comedic non-intellectual conversation but I so appreciate witty banter.  My sisters are all quick-witted in the verbal arena and often exchange jabs in a comedic banter.  Banter does fill time... it satisfies the need to fuss at someone without ever raising your voice or saying something painful and it even allows you to poke fun...Jake is able to banter with friends where sometimes you need a roadmap to keep up but its so much fun when you are able to not only keep the pace, but contribute to the conversation!




Castle, at its inception, reversed the pattern of media and the written word.  Usually books are written then someone in electronic media picks them up and they become a movie or the basis for a television show.  This show produced a book at the end of the first season so when the main character Richard Castle released his novel it coincided in "real-life" with the release of the same book.  With regard to Castle last night, I have to agree that it was yet again the end to another well-written season.  The cliff-hanger left me to question whether or not we already know who is the mastermind behind the death of Beckett's mother. Could they do the un-obvious or more importantly would they do the unthinkable?   I also read into several looks and cleverly placed comments that make me wonder the unspeakable.  The writer's tease of the visual exchange between the jailed-killer and Castle, the inferences that the "master-mind" earned his wealth on the backs of nefarious activities and the fact that Captain Montgomery said he was always able to control Castle's presence.  Could Castle know more than we think?  The show is a ground-breaker-- would they actually plan a show for a specific amount of time then put it to bed with the unthinkable?  Don't get me wrong-- I don't actually think that Castle is the bad guy-- I was just thinking out loud and trying to get into the minds of the writers.  I can't wait to see what comes next.


Here's a tidbit of information that Jake and I just learned when updating our blog that fits into this whole word blog.  We stumbled across the following quote.  I didn't know what it meant so I asked Jake to read the translation to me....and because he is a child of the technological age.... he responded with a copy it then paste it into google because it will tell you what the quote means. So I did....





"Lorem ipsum vim ut utroque mandamus intellegebat, ut eam omittam ancillae sadipscing, per et eius soluta veritus."

This is referred to as "GREEKING."   In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum is the name given to commonly used placeholder text (filler text) to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation, such as font, typography, and layout. 

Now you too have learned something new today!  Don't you love learning new things?

No comments:

Post a Comment